Rock-climbing routes of Esztramos Hill
13 climbing routes and further more 7 variants were built up on the „Kis-fal” (Little Wall) of the Esztramos Hill in 2020. These sports routes with good traction through the Wetterstein limestone are securely riveted. The average length is 15-22 meters. The routes end in slopestands of two points. It is highly recommended to wear a helmet because of the quarry kind surface. The faces of the rocks are varied and give lovely climbing experience.
The routes are basically pleasant plat-climbing ones or they might have mildly leaning walls of 4 and 7 grades. There are two difficult sports-routes at the cave. The routes are gorgeous near the „Mirage”. The „Reibungplat” is small but special and friendly even for the rookies.
- Route 1a „Szélsőbal” [6+]: Leaning sections at the bottom.
- Route 1b „Bevágás” [6+]: The start is hard. It is common with the Route 1a.
- Route 2a „Barlangtető bentről” (Cave roof from inside) [9-]: Climbing the roof-rake can be difficult because of the boulder-stones. It is just [6+] at the top but lavish.
- Route 2b „Neandervölgyi” (Neanderthal) [8-] Climbing upon the mouth of the cave can be obvious leftward but more difficult.
- Route 3 „Alter Weg” [3+]: It is the easiest ramp. Not solid. Nice at the top.
- Route 4a „Táncos a sötétben” (Dancer in the Dark) [6+]: It is a nice ramp-climbing, especially at the top where in the somewhat leaning wall-sector you must cut across to the left to the most pretty plat of the climbing place.
- Route 4b „Tábla” (Plat) [5-]: It is a nice route on good rocks. It is also for rookies.
- Route 5a „Kígyós bal” : It twists linking nice cliff bands.
- Route 5b „Kígyós jobb” : It leads to the pitch of the „Pillar”.
- Route 6a „Filozófiai fellépés” (Philosophic Getting on) [6+]: It gets the name from the climb at the bottom… then go ahead!
- Route 6b „Filozófus hasa” (Philosopher’s tummy) : It is the smoothest section of the „Pillar” and hard to survey.
- Route 7 „Sanyi hölgykoszorúban” : It is a bit tricky climb at the bottom and also at the top up to the „Pillar”.
- Route 8a „Mirázs-fal bal” (Mirage Wall – left) [6+]: It leads on the most beautiful section of the wall. It is hard in the middle.
- Route 8b „Mirázs-fal jobb” (Mirage Wall – right) [7-]: This wall has got varied enchanting forms. It needs technical skills. (The leaning at the bottom is nasty.)
- Route 9 „Káosz kapujában” : This is a wild and unclear climb on the rigid parts.
- Route 10 „Elfogyó remények” [7+]: It is a small puzzle in the middle, just at the end of the right traverse. The routes of the Reibungwall are 8-10 metres (They can be found by 100 metres to the right.)
- Route 11 „Átló” (Diagonal) [4+]: It runs across the nice wall above.
- Route 12 „Vár di Mello” [4+]: This is a superb plat-climb. You can make it a bit more difficult from left or right [5–6].
- Route 13a „Fúrólyukak” [5-]: It leads directly on the most beautiful parts of the wall.
- Route 13b „Szélsőjobb” : It is a kind of variant. All parts of it can provide superb climbs.
Service: KKL Kft. 1145 Budapest, Torontál utca 17.
Guide, equipment hiring, information: www.vasaltutakesztramoson.hu
In case of emergency, please, call: 112