Information about via ferrata of „Kis-fal” (Little Wall) of Esztramos Hill
Climbing on via ferrata routes is not a safe sport rather a little alpinism. Please, keep the security rules as follow:
- You should have UIAA approved regular kit – sit harness, energy absorber and helmet. Via ferrata gloves are highly recommended.
- During the climbing you must keep a minimum distance – one „empty” hanging stage – from the the climber ahead.
- Please, move carefully because of the loose stones. It was a quarry!
- Don’t stand under the wall!
- Use the „Family Route” solely from left to right.
- Please, take care of the natural treasures. Go along by the marked paths.
- Use via ferratas at your own risk.
- Children can climb only with their parents or experienced guides. Climbing on via ferratas is not really recommended for children under 140 cm.
Via Ferrata of „Kis-fal” (Little Wall)
It is a family route, 55 m long, by B degree of difficulty. It is a nice and easy route for even entirely unskilled persons. Go along on it ONLY from left to right! Please, move carefully on he rocks at the mouth of the artificial tunnel.
This route is facing north but easily gets dry after raining. The most difficult part is the first climb at the cave (B), where easy to make the decision: is it an appropriate challenge for our form? You can not leave the route anywhere else but at the end. Climbing takes 20-30 minutes.
Service: KKL Kft. 1145 Budapest, Torontál utca 17.
Guide, equipment hiring, information: www.vasaltutakesztramoson.hu
In case of emergency, please, call: 112